Are you looking for an estate lawyer to represent you? An excellent estate lawyer is a must if you want to succeed in cases like property disputes, challenging wills, etc.
A Litvack Dessureault LLP estate lawyer can help you get started with the process by providing expert legal guidance. You can browse online to know more about them and make an informed choice regarding hiring an attorney for your case.
Need for an estate lawyer
Estate planning is one of the major areas where an estate lawyer can guide you. Some aspects of estate planning involve:
- Calculating tax burdens and finding ways to reduce them.
- Maximizing the value of the estate.
- Asset Consolidation.
If you have not done any groundwork on these aspects, an estate lawyer can help you with first creating an inventory of your assets.
- They also help with drafting wills and other legal documents like the power of attorneys.
- Similarly, if you want to challenge a final will, an estate lawyer can litigate your case and help you win it. For instance, if you find your spouse drafted an unfair will that does not include you, then, an estate lawyer can give you valid grounds under which you can challenge the will.
How to choose an estate lawyer?
Since estate lawyers wear different hats, you have to choose one according to your needs. For instance, for estate planning, you have to hire an attorney who has specialized experience in it.
Similarly, if you are looking to challenge a will, you need an expert estate litigator. So, the preference of attorneys and criteria to choose them will change as per your requirement.
- You can start by looking at the average cost of hiring an estate lawyer.
- Afterward, you can browse online to find some of the best attorneys in your region.
- Client testimonials and reviews can help you shortlist a few attorneys from which you can select one for your case.
- Some firms also offer free first-time consultation, where you can directly interact with an attorney before fixing the person.
Once you identify that you need the help of an estate lawyer for a specific purpose, you can start looking for someone who excels in the field.
At the same time, before hiring an estate litigator, ensure that you are 100 percent sure about moving forward with the dispute, as it can get very costly.
But if you are looking for an attorney to draft your final will or plan your estate, there is not much to think about. All you have to do is hire an excellent estate lawyer and get started with the process.